
"Can I tell you something? Let me tell you something..."
As I sat down to write my very first post of my very first blog, I realized something about my social life: all I talk to anybody anymore is about blogging. For the past two days, since my friend told me with her mouth full of greasy burrito that I should start a blog, it's gone to my head. I dream and fantasize about being on Anderson Cooper 360 as a multi-million dollar blogger. Here is a piece of our conversation.
Cooper: Today we have with us world-renowned Muslim blogger - Mona Masood, better known to the world as Monapoly. Well she definitely has a 'monopoly' on the blog world.
Me: (waves her hand dismissively) You flatter me Anderson. Can I call you Anderson?
Cooper: (blushes) Now YOU flatter me. (nervous laughter)
That's as far as I got.
Needless to say, I have spent more time searching the computer for cool blogger names than talking to people recently. Here are the rejects:
Pokemona
HydroBiryaniShaanMasala (HBSM)
RhymesWithHydro
My conclusion? Real friends are overrated. Nothing says cool like virtual friends that you've never met and you have no idea are reading your every thought. (That was an example of sarcasm). So, let's get blogging.
2 comments:
ahaha..and then the rest of the conversation:
Anderson: So, tell me Mona, what inspired you to take this defining step in your life?
Mona: Oh, you mean the blog? (fakes modesty)
Anderson: Why, yes, of course.
Mona: Ok, let me tell you something. I could not have done any of this without my friend..maybe you've heard of her (sarcastically)..a Dr. Hasnain.
Anderson: You mean, THE DR. HASNAIN? World-renowned surgeon?
Mona: Yes, that's the one. Anyways, back to my blogging..
Anderson: As you can clearly see, Monapoly, I'm incredibly surprised. In all my years, I don't think I've ever been this star-struck..just by the mere mention of a name.
Mona: Oh, thank you! ..er..wait..mention of a name? You're still talking about Hira???
Anderson: GASP! You're on first-name basis with her?? Tell me more about her.
Mona: Well, now that you ask, I began blogging my senior year at..
Anderson:..I mean Dr. Hasnain..
Mona: YOU KNOW..SHE'S EVERYTHING SHE IS BECAUSE OF ME!!
Anderson: Oh (senses hostility), why do you say that?
Mona: I took her under my wing when she was a lowly junior. I befriended her when no one would. I introduced her to MY friends...
Anderson: I sense some bitterness in your tone. Maybe we should break so you can get some water.
During Break: Mona flees the scene, only to blog about how much she dislikes Anderson Cooper, and how it's always the little people who get to the top (referring to a certain friend of hers). And then she calls up Hira and they meet for lunch. The amazing Dr. Hasnain always makes time for her loyal friend, Monapoly.
Monapoly! Let me tell you something...I came up with this amazing name. Therefore, I own the monapoly so *Dramatic music*...when you're on Anderson Cooper, you need to run it by me as well.
Post a Comment