Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Life Lesson #9: The YouTube Craze

Life Lesson #9: Ultimate distractor, thy name is YouTube.
If you're in college (heck, I guess if you're any age) you know how incredibly distracting surfing videos on YouTube can be. This phenomenon took over e-mail surfing a couple of years ago and has only skyrocketed since then as the ultimate x-treme distractor from doing anything productive. I know I don't need to be giving you this Life Lesson. We've all fallen into YouTube's evil trap.

However, even after warning you about the pure evil that is YouTube, I do want to share with you the videos that have made me crack up beyond reason, causing me to watch them over and over again, and subsequently not do so well in papers, exams, and life. Here's my tribute to distracting and addicting YouTube videos. Enjoy a short (yeh, right) break from exams on me.

1. Who Wants to be an MSA President is about an innovative reality show idea to pick the next MSA President. The contestents and hosts are hilarious in this short film.

2. The Facebook Skit Penn Masala breaks down an acapella joint reflecting on a kid's facebook stalking. Parody of the Enrique Iglesias song, "Hero".

3. David Blaine Street Magic 2 One of the funniest parodies of David Blaine's street magic routine. Watch out for my favorite line, "Cheeze-its!" (Props Hira)

4. Baby Evil Look I could not stop laughing when I saw this. Adorable, in a creepy way.

5. Stress Relief Bhangra 4 the name says it all. (Props Saliha)

6. Bush Impersonation The best impersonation of President Bush I've seen by far. (Props Hana)

7. Michael Jackson Bhangra hahaha. Just watch it for the surprise. (Props Taiyyaba)

8. Axis of Evil - Maz Jobrani One of the funniest Arab/Muslim Comedy Tours to hit America.

9. Evolution of Dance America's got Talent??? Classic YouTube video.

10. Prank War 6 A hilarious prank war between friends. From CollegeHumor.com (Props Faiza)

My Conclusion? I have a feeling YouTube will be "soooo yesterday" in a couple of years, so enjoy it while it's still considered neato. =)

1 comment:

Hira said...

The prank wars..is so hilarious..and it gave me some GREAT ideas...muahahahah! ..almost as perfect as my fb prank on you..ahah.